Ashley Patient Participation Group meeting held on 26th January at Ashley Surgery
The meeting was attended by 12 Patients and Staff,
Minutes of last meeting 12th October:
The minutes were reviewed
1. Tracey confirmed that the next health walk will take place on 2nd February at 2 pm. Assembly at Loggerheads car park. The walk will be followed by a meeting at The Loggerheads Hotel to discuss future plans for the walks. More leaders are required and volunteers are being sought. Training will be provided.
2. Denise confirmed that e-prescribing has now been introduced at the surgery. This initiative means that prescriptions can be delivered electronically to patients. It is felt to be particularly helpful when patients are on holiday or out of the area.
1. Hard copies of the draft terms of reference for the PPG were circulated for comment and agreement. The document was agreed upon.
2. CQC inspection-Denise was delighted to announce that the practice has been adjudged to be “Outstanding” following the recent inspection. The practice staff are justifiably proud. It is hoped that the report will be available in the near future and will be posted on the Surgery website. This decision means that the practice is one of only 4% of practices nationally to be awarded the top rating. Denise and her staff were congratulated.
3. The Carers Fair which is to be held on 27th April at the Fire Station was promoted and members were invited to attend.
4. Ann Hughes, Telecare co-ordinator, was welcomed to the meeting and gave an interesting and informative presentation on telehealth. Ann explained how developments in new technologies were being introduced in the health sector to improve patient care and in particular to encourage the self-management of certain conditions by patients. Ann gave examples of how this is working in some areas already. It is envisaged that this approach will help to reduce demand on services. A number of new and innovative approaches with specific conditions were explained by Ann and discussed in the group. The Ashley Practice nurses are keen to embrace this new way of working and encouraged patients where appropriate to use the new systems. Ann was thanked for her attendance.
5. Date and time of next meeting May 18th at 3pm.